Special Issue «Science, Technology and Society in the Digital Era»
We call for abstracts for potential papers to be included in a Special Issue “Science, Technology and Society in the Digital Era: An Epistemological and Socio-cultural Analysis” for The Digital Scholar: Philosopher‘s Lab , a peer-reviewed scholarly journal.
We invite philosophers, science studies researchers and other scholars investigating the role of the new digital and information technologies in contemporary science, technology and society.
Extended abstracts containing 500-700 words + keywords + info on author/s, affiliation/s and e-mail address/es can be send to Svetlana Shibarshina (Deputy Editor) by October 1, 2018. References do not count toward the word limit.
Topics can include but are not limited to:
- Digital society, digital culture, digital thinking, digital aboriginals – are all these real-life, existing in fact phenomena or still catching metaphors? An epistemic analysis of varied conceptual depictions and interpretations of the “digital” is welcomed
- Transformations in education in the era of digital technologies: epistemic, socio-cultural and ethical aspects
- Digital scholars in the digital world: scientific communication in the online space
- Digital Humanities and the studies on using and interpreting digital and information technologies in the humanities
- Transformations of social processes and social structures under the influence of digital and information technologies
- Epistemic aspects of media reality
- Sociology of the digital space
Submission to: email@example.com